Red wine, used even in the ancient times as far back as 8000 years back, and in India mentioned in 400 BC is getting recognized to have health benefits across the board, if taken in moderation, a glass or two a day!
Drink red wine in moderation to improve:
- Heart function: Resveratrol from the red grapes is suggested to decrease risky cardiovascular disease.
- Brain health: Resveratrol also protect our body against Alzheimer’s disease and dementia.
- Better sleep because of melatonin in a few varieties of red wine
- Resveratrol has been found to enhance in some studies
- Cancers as lung, prostrate and breast have been found to have decreased risk on moderate consumption of red wine
- Red wine is suggested to neutralize the harmful effects of smoking
- Red Wine as accompaniment to a meal has been suggested to lower blood pressure in those with high BP
- Resveratrol has been shown to lower the low density lipids
- Hypertension: Two glasses of red wine taken together with the meal may lower post-meal blood pressure in hypertensive persons.
- History: Red wine can impair judgment and the decision-making process.
It can also help with cold, cough and sinus problems. Most beneficial alcoholic drink over beer or spirits. Women who drink one to two glasses of wine daily have 5 to 8 percent denser bones, preventing injuries.
However the excess amount of red wine and alcohol is harmful. The challenges to health as a result of increased consumption include:
- Weight gain and obesity, which occurs because of increased calorie intake,
- Heart disease because of cardiomyopathy induced by excessive alcohol,
- Enhanced blood pressure which can lead to stroke,
- Too much alcohol is linked to lower fertility,
- Enhanced risks of cancers of mouth or breast are mentioned as possibilities,
- Regularly drinking two large glasses of wine or two strong pints of beer a day triples the risk of developing mouth cancer,
- Excessive drinking can also have a detrimental effect on the human body both male and female–when it comes to reproduction.